The Energy Team program provides free energy-saving home improvements such as new energy-efficient appliances and other measures to those with limited incomes and seniors who meet specific income guidelines.
Customers who qualify will receive personal visits from Energy Team contractors. Energy Team contractors can help you do the following things for your home:
- Install improvements to help make your home more energy efficient.
- Help you understand the best ways you can save energy around your home.
- Determine whether some of your appliances are eligible for free repairs or replacement.
Examples of Free Home Improvements
- Attic Insulation
- Door weather-stripping and caulking
- Low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators
- Water heater blankets
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Select energy-efficient appliances
Qualifying Guidelines for Energy Team
To qualify, you must be a current SDG&E customer and meet the income guidelines shown in the chart below. You may already qualify if you receive benefits from any of the following programs in table two.
Income guidelines for the program are the same as for the CARE program.
In order to qualify, you will be asked to verify your income. Both homeowners and renters can participate in this program.
Apply online or contact SDG&E at 1-866-597-0597.
You may already qualify if you receive benefits from any of the following programs: