Keep Incarcerated & Detained Families Connected!
Fight to Keep Families Connected by Ensuring Affordable Phone/Video Rates
¡Mantengamos conectadas a las familias encarceladas y en detenciòn!
Lea esta noticia en español
Incarcerated and detained people and their families are forced to rely on ruthless phone service providers such as GTL and Securus to stay connected.
- Phone providers are chosen by local and state agencies that receive kickbacks in exchange for exclusive contracts.
- Families are forced to pay high per-minute phone rates, additional related fees for each call, to add money to accounts, and to check balances.
- Paying high costs for 2-3 calls to remain connected to an incarcerated family member each week forces families to choose between contact with loved ones and paying for rent or other necessities.
- High cost phone calls create barriers for families and social networks that are trying to support smooth re-entry planning.
- Learn how to make your voice heard on this issue by clicking here for talking points.
Puntos de Conversación
>> Speak Up and Share your Story at California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Public Hearings! <<
Asista una Audiencia Pública de la Comisión de Servicios Públicos de California y Hágase Escuchar y Comparta su Historia!
Wed., April 28th @ 1:30PM PT
Thurs., April 29th @ 6:30PM PT
On both days, connect via: http://www.adminmonitor.com/ca/cpuc/hearing/2021042
OR Call Toll-Free: 1-800-857-1917; code 7218384#
You can also email or mail your comments no later than May 1, 2021 to:
Public.Advisor@cpuc.ca.gov or to:
CPUC Public Advisors Office
505 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102
(Use Reference# R.20-10-002)