The Utility Reform Network seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to join our staff providing administrative support for the Executive Director and for the Chief Financial Officer. For the duration of the current pandemic crisis, this position will work remotely, but under normal circumstances works out of our San Francisco Office.
TURN is California’s consumer champion advocating for the cleanest, safest & most reliable utility and phone service at the lowest prices possible. With support from 20,000 members statewide, TURN utilizes legal proceedings at the California Public Utilities Commission, policy advocacy at the state legislature, coalition building at the federal level, and grassroots mobilization in communities across the state to promote affordable utility bills, sustainable energy policies, reliable phone service, and consumer–oriented regulation of the energy, telecommunications, and water industries.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Calendaring appointments and setting up Zoom Meetings for the Executive Director.
- Updating Contacts for the Executive Director.
- Arrange travel and lodging for the Executive Director as needed.
- Managing incoming calls, transcribing voice messages and reviewing, filing andassisting Executive Director with correspondence and inquiries.
- Assisting in creating board packets, ordering lunch and any set-up needed forquarterly board meetings
- Assisting Executive Director with receipts and creating expense reports asneeded.
- Transcribing messages for other employees as needed.
- Assisting with member relations, helping to send out thank you letters as needed,data base entry of member changes and collecting data from annual membersurveys.
- Answering phone calls that are forwarded from the office and responding orreferring the caller as needed.
- Answering the phones (when in the office), greeting guests, board members andgeneral public, and handling general office operations.
- Ordering supplies for employees working remotely and for the office, as needed.
- Ordering lunch for staff/ special meetings as needed.
- Provide back-up for the Legal Assistant when needed.
- Assisting Chief Financial Officer with Special Projects.
BA/BS preferred, with a minimum 5 years’ clerical/administrative experience, or
equivalent education and experience. Proven organizational skills essential.
Reliability, professional attitude, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and
willingness to do whatever is required in a fluid work setting.
Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment. Ability to balance
multiple projects and work independently is essential.
Excellent communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office are also
required. Experience with SalesForce +++.
Reliable home cell service and internet connection, and able to “House” work
equipment such as a computer, copier/printer/scanner combo, postage machine
and other supplies.
Valid Driver’s License and accessibility to a car to run occasional errands.
To Apply: Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not make phone inquiries.
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000, depending on qualifications and experience. We
provide health, dental and vision benefits for employees and other generous
of color and others who would enhance the diversity of our staff.