Edison Wants a Raise – From You!
SoCal Edison is demanding a huge raise from customers. If approved, your bill could increase by $43 a month or $500 more a year by 2023.
You pay more, they profit more
Customers would pay 40% more for essential electricity. Shareholders would rake in an additional $1.5 billion in profits.
Their mistake, your rate hike
Edison’s greedy grab includes $600 million in insurance premiums, which go up every time Edison is responsible for a fire.
Be aware this isn’t the only raise Edison is requesting. Edison is also demanding that:
- Customers pay for $1.5 billion in “grid hardening” costs spent in 21018-2020
- Customers pay $500 million for Edison to catch up on inspections and repairs.
- Customer pay $400 million for a new computer billing system.
Community Choice Aggregate Customer Bills Will Also Increase
If you receive your energy from a Community Choice Aggregates (CCA) such as Clean Power Alliance, Dessert Community Energy, Lancaster Choice Energy or Western Community Energy your rates will also increase.
- CCA customers are subject to 90% of Edison increase due to distribution costs.
- CCA customer will realize a $39 monthly bill increase resulting in an annual increase of $450
JOIN TURN TO BEAT BACK CORPORATE GREED AND DEMAND JUSTICE. WE CAN STOP THESE RUNAWAY RATE HIKES BY SPEAKING OUT!
PLEASE NOTE THE CPUC SPONSORED PUBLIC HEARINGS ON EDISON’S RATE HIKE HAVE BEEN CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.