Got a Complaint?

Experiencing problems with your telephone, electric or gas service? Have an unresolved issue with your provider? Use this site to voice your complaint with the CPUC. All gas and electric issues, local phone service, slamming and cramming, billing and marketing complaints are handled by the CPUC. The CPUC is responsible for investigating and resolving disputes between utilities and consumers.

Filing a complaint puts regulators on notice that your utility’s service is not good enough, and can drive important policy decisions.

Below are three easy steps to file a complaint with the CPUC AND help inform TURN’s advocacy and policy efforts. Please review all steps for filing a complaint before clicking official CPUC form.  Once you click the link you will be redirected to the California Public Utilities Commission complaint page.

Contact Your Utility Provider

Before contacting us, we recommend that you give your utility provider a chance to resolve your complaint by contacting their customer service department.

Contacting Your Utility Provider

Prepare to Contact Us

If your utility provider cannot resolve your complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the resolution, you may contact us for help. To get the best results from your interaction with us, we encourage you to review the information provided in the link below before you contact us.

How to Prepare For Your Contact With Us

Fill Out an Online Form

Filing your written complaint through the online portal is the fastest way to resolve your complaint.

Check TURN when asked “If you were referred by a Community Based Organization (CBO),…” (second to last question). By doing so, TURN will receive an email notification and copy of your complaint.

With your information we can challenge bad policies or practices by the utility companies and hold the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) accountable. We will also use this information to create FAQ sheets and consumer education materials that you and other consumers can use to resolve issues.

Next Steps

If the informal complaint process cannot help with your utility issue, you may file a formal complaint. However, before filing a formal complaint, we strongly encourage you to file an informal complaint.

Learn More About How to File a Formal Complaint

Share This