EACH COUNTY IN CALIFORNIA HAS AN EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM.
SIGN UP FOR YOURS TODAY!
Reverse 911 calls can save lives but what you may not know is that you have to register your cell and digital home phones to receive the alerts. Although telephone companies are required to provide phone numbers and addresses of their landline customers to local emergency responders, the same doesn’t apply to other phones.
To make sure you receive emergency alerts (reverse 911) on your cell and digital phones, register for them with your county’s emergency services office. Registration is free but varies by each county so consult the list below.
Your County Sheriff’s Office: Call 411.
- Alameda County – Emergency Alert Notification System – Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, Union City, Unincorporated Areas.
- Alpine County- https://www.alpinecountyca.gov/List.aspx
- Amador County- Code Red Alerts- https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-US/BFF76B488C09
- Butte County- (530) 538-7826.
- Calaveras County- http://oes.calaverasgov.us/Portals/OES/Documents/Code Red Registration Instructions.pdf
- Colusa County- https://www.countyofcolusa.org/list.aspx?ListID=169
- Contra Costa County- Community Warning System https://cwsalerts.com/registration/
- Del Norte County- CAL_FIRE to 40404
- El Dorado County- https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-US/BF6E025EBFDC
- Fresno County- Text your ZIP Code to “888777” to receive location-based emergency notifications to Text Messages only
- Glenn County- Code RED https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-US/BF7547645C5B
- Humboldt County- Humboldt Alert – https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085616405#/login
- Imperial County- http://www.imperialvalleyreverse911.com/PhonesR911.asp
- Inyo County- The code red app for Inyo County https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-US/DAD807D480BF
- Kern County: Ready Kern
- Kings County: Alert King
- Lake County: Code Red
- Lassen County: Code Red
- LA County: Alert LA County
- Madera County: MC Alerts
- Marin County: Alert Marin
- Mariposa County: https://www.mariposacounty.org/List.aspx
- Mendocino County: Mendocino County Citizen Alert Notification System
- Merced County: Merced County Emergency Alert System
- Modoc County: Code Red
- Mono County: Code Red
- Monterey County: Alert Monterey County
- Napa County: NIXLE Alerts
- Nevada County: Code Red
- Orange County: AlertOC
- Placer County: Sacramento Region Emergency Notification System (Sacramento, Yolo and Placer counties)
- Plumas County: Code Red
- Riverside County: Alert RivCo
- Sacramento County: Sacramento Region Emergency Notification System (Sacramento, Yolo and Placer counties)
- San Benito County: Code Red
- San Bernardino: TENS system
- San Diego County: Alert San Diego
- San Francisco County: Alert SF
- San Joaquin County:
No data available. The website has general information
- San Luis Obispo County: Reverse 911
- San Mateo County: SMC Alert
- Santa Barbara County: Red Flag Alerts
Text redflag to 888777
- Santa Clara County: Alert SCC
- Santa Cruz County: Code Red
- Shasta County: Shashcom 911 Code Red
- Sierra County: Code Red
- Siskiyou County: Code Red
- Solano county: Solano County is creating a new community alert notification system
The website has general information
- Sonoma County: SoCo Alert
- Stanislaus County: StanAware
- Sutter County: No data available. General information available on the website.
- Tehama County: Tehama Alert Reverse 911
- Trinity County: Code Red
- Tulare County: Alert TC
- Tuolumne County: Tuolumne County Citizens Notifications Alert System
- Ventura County: VC Alert
- Yolo County: Emergency Notifications System
- Yuba County: Code Red